2021 Municipal Advisory Accounting Consultant
Are you looking for a rewarding accounting consulting role to launch your career?
Do you want to work with local governments and see the positive impact your work has on the communities we serve?
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC (BTMA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly), specializes in advising governments, including cities, towns, villages, counties, authorities, utilities, public schools and libraries, as well as higher education, healthcare entities, power and water districts and economic development organizations. Solving problems, creating opportunities, and meeting our clients' accounting, capital planning and public finance needs are the hallmarks of the services we provide.
As a Consultant at Baker Tilly (BT), you will be a value architect playing an integral rolein many types of client engagements and will help provide objective analysis, planning and creative solutions for all types of projects. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT offers you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if you:
- Desire to become a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- Value your development and want to work for a firm that provides a great work environment (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- Want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various municipal advisory services:
- Advise municipal clients through financial management reporting, budget preparation and analysis, utility rate studies, capital project planning, comprehensive financial planning, and related client services
- Gather data, prepare financial reports, perform research, and analyze data
- Assist clients in issuing bonds by preparing offering documents, facilitating the bond sale, and performing related compliance work
- Have direct client contact and present financial information at public and planning meetings, which includes some same-day travel
- Learn and grow from direct on-the-job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Build friendships and strong work relationships while gaining valuable experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance, or a related degree in business, with sufficient course work and credits to sit for the CPA exam in the state you are being considered
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The abilityto work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Proficiencywith Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC (BTMA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly), specializes in advising governments, including cities, towns, villages, counties, authorities, utilities, public schools and libraries, as well as higher education, healthcare entities, power and water districts and economic development organizations. Solving problems, creating opportunities and meeting our clients' accounting, capital planning and public finance needs are the hallmarks of the services we provide. As a Consultant, you will play an integral role in many types of client engagements and will help provide objective analysis, planning and creative solutions for all types of projects. A career with BTMA will allow you to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top