2020 Municipal Advisory Accounting Consultant
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC (BTMA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly), specialize s in advising governments, including cities, towns, villages, counties, authorities, utilities, public schools and libraries, as well as higher education, healthcare entities, power and water districts and economic development organizations. Solving problems, creating opportunities and meeting our clients' accounting, capital planning and public finance needs are the hallmarks of the services we provide. As a Consultant, you will play an integral role in many types of client engagements and will help provide objective analysis, planning and creative solutions for all types of projects. A career with BTMA will allow you to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion.
Baker Tilly provides a positive work environment with a focus on learning and development, collaboration between coworkers, and advancement opportunities. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Consultants advise municipal clients through financial management reporting, budget preparation and analysis, utility rate studies, capital project planning, comprehensive financial planning, and related client services.
- Responsibilities will vary and include gathering data, preparing financial reports, research, and analysis.
- Consultants also assist clients in issuing bonds by preparing offering documents, facilitating the bond sale, and performing related compliance work.
- This position involves attendance and presentations at public and planning meetings, direct client contact and considerable levels of responsibility.
- Some travel is required, but most is same-day travel within the state.
- You will have the opportunity to gain more experience, more responsibility and more client interaction earlier in your career.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities, service events and team outings that encourage a work-life balance.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required; sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation preferred.
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization preferred.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail, a desire to learn and a high degree of analytical ability.
- Ability and willingness to travel and attend evening meetings.
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
Back to top