2019 Healthcare Consulting Intern
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 countries, with 30,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.2 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are seeking a Healthcare Consulting Intern for our New York, NY office. A successful candidate should be pursuing an MBA with a focus in Healthcare Management or a Masters in Public Health and should have the following:
- A basic understanding of the healthcare industry (including terminology) in order to serve our health plan, life sciences and/or provider clients
- Strong research skills in healthcare policy (i.e., being able to research and interpret new rules and provisions under Medicare and ACA) and/or population health including the ability to locate, obtain and interpret public health data (e.g., census data, BRFS data and state and national publicly available public health data), and/or clinical research (i.e., the ability to locate, obtain and interpret clinical data and medical studies using resources such as PubMed etc
The Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP’s Healthcare Consulting Practice serves a broad base of clients including:
- Life Sciences and Technology Companies
- Hospitals, Physician Organizations and Integrated Delivery Systems
- National and Regional Managed Care Organizations
Leveraging our in-depth knowledge of the payer and provider community, reimbursement trends, and specialty-specific medical and financial policy affords the Baker Tilly Healthcare Consulting Practice the opportunity to assist clients in achieving a competitive edge in the marketplace. Whether it be entering new markets, forecasting utilization, understanding contracts and coding for new technology, or educating customers on related reimbursement issues, the Baker Tilly Healthcare Consulting Practice is able to provide expertise in all of these important areas for our clients.
The experienced professionals in the Baker Tilly Healthcare Consulting Practice optimize market opportunities for our clients' network, service, and product development and expansion needs, resulting in the development of numerous mutually beneficial relationships. The large number of repeat clients that we serve is the best evidence of the success we have achieved for our clients.
As a member of the 2019 Consulting Internship Program you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and execute meaningful work engagements that have an impact on the business
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Learn directly from mentors and additional Baker Tilly employees through a series of networking activities, formal training and an open work environment
- Participate in our week-long valued business advisor training program designed to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to client engagements and personal development
- Impact the surrounding community through volunteering events, such as Junior Achievement and United Way.
- Successful candidate should be pursuing a Masters in Healthcare Management or Public Health
- Understanding of the healthcare industry (including terminology) in order to service our clients
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills utilizing Access, Excel, SQL and/or SAS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a self-directed basis as needed
- Familiarity with medical coding (e.g., CPT, ICD9, HCPCS codes) is preferred
- Ability to travel to CT and within the New York/New Jersey metro areas for which use of a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license required
Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top