2018 Spotlight Externship - Tax & Assurance
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
The Spotlight Externship Program for those interested in tax, assurance, consulting and advisory opportunities in the Tysons, VA office. The program is scheduled to be held in May 2018.
During this two and a half day program, Baker Tilly participants will:
- Be exposed to some of the work that our new staff is assigned, including tax return preparation, tax research, financial statement audit, internal audit, risk and compliance assessments and fraud investigations
- Learn what work and life as a public accountant or consultant is like
- Learn directly from our team members about the culture of Baker Tilly
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that make work and life more fun
- The ability to meet Baker Tilly employees from partner to staff
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in accounting and plan to work full time in 2020
- Plan to actively pursue an internship in summer 2019
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top