Warehouse Operations Director
Bai Brands is the leading innovator in the beverage landscape with a line of healthy drinks that are flavorful, low calorie, and infused with antioxidants from coffee’s super fruit. Listed in the top 20 of Forbes record of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2015, now is the time to join our audacious and tenacious team!
Bai is looking for a Warehouse Operations Director who will be responsible for the management and operation of 200+ full-time, hourly, and temporary staff.
The successful individual will execute on all material handling and assembly functions in a 24 hour / 6 day a week, 275,000 sf distribution center in Bordentown, NJ.
Manage a full time, hourly & temp staff of 200 to execute all material handling & assembly functions in a 24 hour/6 day week, 275,000 sq. ft. distribution center in Bordentown, NJ
- Receive, store, ship floor operations
- Inventory management
- Variety pack assembly
- E-commerce fulfillment
- Facilities management
Warehouse operations human resource objectives;
- Recruit, train, schedule, coach and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations
- Manage staff performance & execute performance reviews
- Collaborate with Bai HR to maintain employment compliance with all applicable laws & regulations
Warehouse operational objectives;
- Measure & monitor warehouse efficiency, productivity, inventory control & safety performance through comprehensive dashboard metrics
- Drive continuous improvement via the conception, development & implementation of operational improvement initiatives
- Manage daily operations by resolving problems, completing audits & identifying trends.
Warehouse financial objectives;
- Forecast fixed & variable cost and capital requirements
- Prepare an annual budget
- Analyze variances to budget on a monthly basis & initiate corrective action
Warehouse project management objectives;
- Spearhead the adoption of recently implemented WMS & TMS systems
- Provide operations leadership in support of Bai’s variety pack assembly automation project
- Spearhead the implementation of a new warehouse racking solution
Warehouse commercial objectives;
- Perform all relevant commercial work including supplier vetting, RFP development & execution, supplier negotiation, ROI analysis, etc. in support of supply chain operations procurement initiatives including forklifts & transportation
Warehouse operations processes & systems;
- Evaluate & improve processes, systems & personnel. Incuding, but not limited to: Receiving, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process work flow, manning and space requirements.
- Plan layout, product flow, and product handling systems
- Schedule inbound & outbound transportation to smooth the workload & make the most efficient use of scarce labor & equipment resources
- Drive capacity, efficiency & speed improvements to the variety pack operation
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment.
Maintain a safe and healthy work environment;
- Establish and enforce standards and procedures
- Comply with legal & insurance regulations
- Secure property by developing protection and access policies and procedures;
- Coordinate patrols with security department to manage both the building, truck yard & property perimeter
Maintain/improve functional knowledge & industry best practices;
- Leverage relevant educational opportunities
- Participate in professional organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Track record of delivering significant operational & financial results
- Ability to operate effectively in a volatile, high growth environment
- Focus on active people management, talent development & cross-functional collaboration
- Creative problem solving ability
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Focus on continuous improvement
- BA/BS required
- MBA is a plus
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Microsoft office package competency
- APICS supply chain certifications a plus
Back to top