Brand Manager - Bai Antiwater
Bai Brands is a line of innovative antioxidant infusioned beverages, including Bai, Bai Bubbles, Bai Antioxidant Supertea and Bai Antiwater. Founded in 2009 by 20-year beverage industry veteran Ben Weiss, Bai Brands seeks to resolve the diet dilemma through a variety of good-for-you beverages with no artificial sweeteners, contain just 5 calories and are infused with antioxidants but do not sacrifice on taste. Ben worked to create delicious, refreshing beverages by combining fresh exotic juices, white tea extract and natural sweeteners. The original Bai now comes in 10 thirst-quenching flavors. In 2014, Bai Brands introduced Bai Bubbles, a sparkling enhanced water to complement its original collection that comes in 7 flavors. Bai Brands is distributed by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. The company continues its “bevolution” in markets nationwide, encouraging its community to live their fullest #FlavorLife. Bai Brands was named one of Inc.’s 5000 fastest-growing private U.S. companies in 2014, as well as one of America’s 20 Most Promising Companies by Forbes in 2015. For more information on Bai Brands, visit www.DrinkBai.com.
Bai Quarters 1800 E State Street Suite 153 Hamilton, NJ 08609
VP of Brand Management
Antiwater is Bai’s entry into the fast growing water category which is on pace to exceed the annual sales of carbonated soft drinks by 2017. Antiwater is a super purified water infused with antioxidants, with electrolytes for a clean crisp taste. The functional water segment is the fastest growing within the water category. The Brand Manager for Bai Antiwater is responsible for creating, managing and successfully leading marketing platforms, new product launches, initiatives and partnerships that support the Antiwater product lines and its overall mission. The ideal candidate works hard, is a self-starter, and is looking to be a part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company that’s making a difference. This person must be passionate about the Bai brand.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the strategy development & execution of the Bai Antiwater brand
- Manage execution of projects, including monthly business reviews, integrated marketing, innovation launches and production of all Antiwater products.
- Lead ongoing business analysis, including category overviews, brand performance and competitive assessment.
- Actively participate in annual brand planning to uncover new opportunities for the brand.
- Oversee and manage new product launches, 3 slated for 2017, including sales training and creating sales tools.
- Understand and manage volume and profit targets for the brand.
- Be the primary point person and interface with Bai’s field sales organization
- Provide solutions and suggest creative alternatives that support brand strategy when targets are off plan.
- Manage all project timelines.
- Manage budgets in order to execute the brand plan.
- Work cross functionally across all aspects of the company including sales, finance, operations, creative etc.
- Classically trained marketer with experience, ideally, at a larger CPG company but who is passionate and comfortable operating within a smaller, entrepreneurial environment
- A genuine interest and appetite for all aspects of brand marketing, both consumer and customer
- An understanding of the consumer, field sales and retailers
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using syndicated data for trends and analysis
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Financial Analysis: Knowledge of and the ability to use basic financial analysis (e.g., Return on Investment, Value Chain Analysis) related to marketing effectiveness, resource allocations and new business opportunities
- Retail Consumer Trends: Ability to interpret consumer trends in order to design, create or evaluate graphic packages to be applied to assortments of retail licensed merchandise.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across a large number of projects
- A true team-spirit and the ability to lead cross-functionally
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and complex environment, with a proven ability to collaborate and influence in non-traditional organization structures
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years in Marketing positions in CPG and ideally beverage industry
- Passion for the brand, strong energy and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done.
Back to top