YRK USW Welder
NOTE: This is a pipeline requisition. The York, PA site of BAE Systems anticipate hiring Welders next year, early 2018. Positions will be on 2nd Shift.
The Welder sets-up and operates hand held or machine guided welding equipment, joins and builds up surfaces of materials in or out of position using positioners, fixtures, hand layout or any other means using mig wire, dual shield, flux core, submerged arc, tig or stick electrode welding process to weld assemblies as well as carbon arc gouging, plasma arc gouging, and oxy-acetylene cutting.
The Welder will use tools and equipment including hand control or machine guided electric arc welding (including semi automatic) equipment-mig (dual shield and solid) tig stick electrode, air arc; oxy-acetylene torches and cutting tips, plasma arc gouger, temple sticks; fixtures; jib and overhead cranes (pendulum); positioners; portable chipper sand grinders, hood and goggles, sleeves, various hand tools such as wrenches, brushes, lighters, scales, squares, weld gauge, etc. Personal computers or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) used as required.
Materials used by the Welder includes low and high carbon alloy, stainless steel, ferrous and non-ferrous: titanium, aluminum plates, castings, forgings, structural shapes, vehicle sub-assemblies and assembly units.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Handles materials to and from work area within the department, vehicle assembly or assigned production line station manually or using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment (such as electric manual hand truck) as required.
- Sets up welding equipment including semi-automatic and/or machine guided welding machines, connects ground and adjusts to proper voltage and amperage for the type of welding to be performed.
- Using fixtures or assemblies or fabrication points or positioners, sets up and tacks to point dimensions and finishes welding of parts in or out of position.
- Using prints, work instructions, Recorded Joint Weld Procedures (RJWP), and other available documentation, selects proper welding electrode or mig wire and welding procedure, fuses parent metal and deposits weld metal to form fillets, beads, plug and butt welds.
- Works within understanding that welded parts, as required, will be subject to x-ray, ultrasonic, air and water, and dye penetrant and magnetic (mag) particle testing.
- Scarfs, cuts, scrapes, and grinds materials as necessary to prepare surfaces both for welding and subsequent process to include spatter and other foreign material removal.
- Sets up, regulates pressure and operates oxy-acetylene equipment to cut materials as needed.
- Verifies and documents conformity to job specifications.
- Keeps equipment and area in a clean and safe working condition at all times.
- Uses personal computers or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Uses required safety equipment such as hood, safety glasses, sleeves, etc.
NOTE: This is a pipeline requisition. The York, PA site of BAE Systems anticipate hiring Welders next year, early 2018. Positions will be on 2nd Shift
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top