YRK USW Matl Cont Spec
BAE Systems in York, Pennsylvania is seeking to fill Material Control Specialists (MCS). Most positions will support on 2nd Shift (3:30 pm-midnight) or 3rd Shift (10pm-6:30am). Please note that the hourly workforce is union represented.
Operates various types of mobile equipment. Receives, stores, inventories, expedites, checks in, issues, delivers,transports, loads, and unloads machinery and material (i.e. parts, supplies,assemblies and sub-assemblies). Completes and files appropriate documents as required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Various types of tools and equipment such as material handling equipment (i.e.forklift, drexel and mules), jib and overhead cranes (pendulum and radio-controlled) and hand trucks. Hand tools such as Johnson bars, crow bars, nail pullers, hammers, banding, wrenches,pliers, chains, tape measures, step ladders, pens, pencils, paper, paint and paint sticks, personal computers or other data collection devices (i.e.bar-code).
Government and customer furnished, purchased and plant produced parts/ sub-assembies/ assemblies such as various raw materials, casting, hardware,lumber, crates and skids. Other materials such as low pressure gas (i.e. propane), diesel fuel, housekeeping and office supplies, printed forms, tags and markers.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Supervisor, Assistant, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Handles material and/or machinery to and from proper locations, using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Refers to appropriate documents or devices (i.e. data collection device, packing list, bill off-lading, part lists and drawings).
- Issues, expedites,inventories, receives, counts, stores, checks and properly identifies materials to assure continuity of operations.
- Completes and/or files documents (i.e. move tickets, shortage reports, unplanned issues).
- Uses personal computer or other data collection devices to check or record data as required.
- Checks and documents operating condition of material handling equipment as required.
- Fills powered mobile equipment with appropriate fluids (i.e. gas, water and oil) as required.
- Prior to transporting,removes snow from material and protects material in inclement weather when required.
- Reports damaged tools,equipment and materials to appropriate supervisor.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top