YRK USW Maint Persn Piping
The York site of BAE Systems is presently seeking a Maintenance Person Plumber for 3rd Shift. Position includes shift differential pay and benefits. Rate is $24.96 + $.78/hr shift differential.
Responsibilities include installing, inspecting, replacing and repairing all types of utility and process pipelines, boilers, furnaces, sanitary facilities, fittings and fixtures in plant and office buildings.
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Reads prints or sketches and determines materials, tools, equipment and work procedures required to perform assigned job.
- Determines correct material measurements for job requirements and performs cutting, bending, threading and connecting operations.
- Performs on a daily basis or as required, inspection, repair, or installation of pipelines for air, water, steam, oils, gases, acids, caustics and sanitary facilities throughout the plant or office buildings and applies various types of insulation and pipe coverings.
- Cleans, repairs, installs and maintains boiler and gas or oil fired furnaces and all pumps.
- Installs or repairs drinking fountains throughout the plant and offices.
- Prepares piping materials for welding or special type joints.
- Installs or repairs sheet metal work such as rain spout, gutters and flashing.
- As required, locates mobile tractors or trucks to handle and transport materials, tools and equipment to and from the job site.
- Returns materials, tools and equipment not in use to proper storage area.
- Occasionally performs repair and maintenance tasks on plant and office structures.
- Uses personal computers or other data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Keeps assigned work area clean and safe.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top