YRK USW Maint Persn Mech
Seeking Maintenance Person Mechanic to support the 3rd Shift operation, Sunday night through Friday morning, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am. Weekend work occasionally. Position is represented. Rate is $25.50hr plus $.78/hr for shift differential. Benefit package.
Responsibilities include inspecting, dismantling, repairing, adjusting, reassembling, and installing all mechanical and hydraulic equipment used in production areas throughout the plant using machining tools, metal fabricating equipment, material-handling equipment, positioners, replacement parts and related hardware, miscellaneous machine and packing materials, and lubricants. Position requires use of power and hand tools such as drill presses, lathes, threading machines, hydraulic presses, grinders, wrenches, saws, hydraulic jacks, slings, cables, chains, block and tackle, hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. On occasion, uses jib and overhead cranes (i.e. pendulum and radio controlled), welding and burning equipment, mobile tractors and trucks. May utilize a personal computer or other data acquisition device (i.e. bar-code).
- Receives instructions and work orders from Process Supervisor, Assistant Process Supervisor, Lead Person or Self-Directed Work Team.
- Determines and obtains necessary tools, materials and equipment to perform the assigned job.
- Performs work in such a manner as to minimize interruption of production during repair or installation operations.
- Operates drill presses, threading machines, hydraulic presses, burning and welding equipment (tack and rough weld) as required to perform repair or installation duties.
- Operates mobile tractors, trucks, overhead (pendulum and radio controlled) and jib cranes, as required, to transport and position replacement parts or equipment.
- Re-assembles, tests and adjusts mechanical equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics. Assists garage maintenance person in repair duties, as occasion demands.
- Returns to designated maintenance storage areas all tools, materials and equipment not in use.
- Uses personal computers or data acquisition devices (i.e. bar-code) as required.
- Keeps work area clean and safe.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top