WiT and FIRST Participant Summer Intern (High School Class of 2018)
The Electronic Systems' Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates for 2018 technical summer internships for FIRST Robotics and Women in Technology (WiT) program participants. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic and mechanical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Gain knowledge about engineering development and the manufacturing lifecycle under the mentorship of hardware engineers.
- Provide technical support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Assist in the development or improvement of test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
- Current or prior participant in the Women in Technology (WiT) program at BAE Systems or FIRST Robotics program.
- Planning to pursue a BS Degree in Engineering or related STEM field starting Fall 2018, having completed high school (Class of 2018) by Summer 2018.
GPA 3.0 or higher
Preferred Skills and Education
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top