Wire & Ribbon Bond Process Engineer
This position will have full process responsibility for all product moving through a new state-of-the-art microelectronics New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line Factory responsible producing microwave and millimeter wave products for the military and aerospace industry. The Microwave New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line Factory will be responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs. This will include the development and maturation of the associated build processes, programming, and tooling in preparation for rate production. The Microwave Pilot Line Factory is looking for people with expert microwave/microelectronics skills and interested in a cornerstone opportunity in a new microelectronics area at the Spit Brook Road campus. The Microwave New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line is being equipped with State-of-the-Art Microelectronics assembly and test equipment to incubate new product introduction of microwave modules designed for new Electronic Warfare Platforms. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the Microwave Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product, before entering rate production.
We are looking for candidates with a microwave process engineering background.
If you want an exciting opportunity in a fast paced environment, where you can influence how products are designed and launched into the factory, then this position will provide tremendous professional and personal satisfaction.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Monitors daily production activities and recommends product and process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations
- Develops manufacturing routs, work instructions, flow charts, and applies labor standards required to support the product build cycle
- Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support manufacturing operations
- Provides technical assistance in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase for product and process capability
- Monitors designs for compliance to design rules, and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process. Applies known Mil-Std-883 knowledge to new designs and optimizes process performance
- Plans and monitors special evaluation programs on assemblies, components, special processes, etc
- Provides Process Engineering support for various microelectronic processes within a new Microelectronics Factory
- Develops action plans to improve performance and recommends corrective action.
- Familiar with automatic wire and ribbon bonding equipment (Examples: Palomar 2460/8000/9000 ball bonders or similar).
- Must be familiar with manual bonding equipment (Examples: K+S, MEI, Westbond and Hy-Bond
- 3-4 years of applicable experience in a Microelectronics factory is highly desired.
- Microelectronics product knowledge using epoxy and high temperature solder component attach, thermo-sonic wire and ribbon bonding, substrate attach using film epoxy, and other elements of Microelectronics manufacturing technology also desired.
- Familiarity with Electrostatic Sensitive Device (ESD) class zero, and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention techniques.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top