Windows Systems Administrator (Full Performance)
- Dulles, VA
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Windows System Administrators to join our technology-based program supporting a key Intelligence Community (IC) customer. This program will deliver engineering services for sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. This enterprise infrastructure integrates with diverse local and global wide area network infrastructure. Engineering services include modern application technology including containerized solutions with orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the IC.
Required Skills and Education
- Responsible for Windows servers and the operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization Windows servers and desktops and also serve as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment.
- Install and maintain the Windows-based CWE operating configurations on all organization NT servers and desktops.
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network.
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment.
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Experience working/collaborating with software engineering teams
- Proficient in scripting and/or programming languages
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top