Windows Systems Administrator
Do you have have experience with or interested in learning and implementing automated administration tools? Want an opportunity to excel as member of a dynamic team? This position is just want you are looking for...
We are looking for a Windows Systems Administrator who is willing to learn, collaborate and grow. This opportunity places you on a dynamic software development team that is using both Scrum principles and Agile methodologies. The team is looking forward to the future implementation of DevSecOps for our products.
As the Windows Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining up to date patching of all the office's Windows servers; interfacing with end users to administer accounts (new set ups and trouble shoot existing); working with other members of the infrastructure team to ensure minimized down time; implementing baseline changes and responding to change request; performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; building servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operating and maintaining servers.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Keeping server patches up to date
- Responding to requests that are submitted by internal and external customers
- Attending TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs; ensure MOA is within scope of server team's work
- Supporting customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as well as an internal build report
- Ensuring integrity of asset management records
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to support requests
- Coordinating server installation
- Planning and recommending hardware replacements as needed
- Building servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination
- Assisting with establishing and maintaining appropriate server baseline
- Coordinating planned server outages with management and user population
- Troubleshooting, resolving and reporting on all unplanned server outages
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The candidate must have an Active Intel Security clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Ability to use verbal and written communication skills to present information to a diverse population (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of existing server technologies including principles and methods used in obtaining maximum utilization of server technologies.
- Knowledge of multiple specialties such as operating systems, email or database platforms, storage technologies, or hardware support, including knowledge of operating systems (e.g., NT, Windows 200, UNIX, XP).
- Knowledge of customer's policies and procedures relating to the design, upgrade, operations, and maintenance of networks.
- Knowledge of Communications and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in an order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Willingness to learn Linux Systems Administration.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions for routine issues and tasks.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of theory and practice underlying satellite and LAN/WAN network operations.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top