PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Set up and operate weld equipment to MIG, TIG, or spot weld parts to blueprint specifications
2. Load and unload parts onto weld table and fixtures using hand tools, ratchets, or air tools to secure parts to fixtures.
3. Check parts to quality specifications
4. Troubleshoot problems and recommend or take corrective action
5. Use hoist, pallet jacks or forklift to move parts, materials, containers and fixtures to and from storage areas.
6. Complete paperwork for work orders, labor, and time reporting, quality records and related reporting requirements.
7. Maintain a clean and safe work area
8. Train others
9. Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate for this position
Required Skills and Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must have high school diploma or GED
2. Successfully pass weld qualification in accordance with appropriate weld specifications
3. Pass pulmonary function test; pass respirator fitness test as needed
4. Able to apply shop math, read and interpret blueprints and calculate dimensions
5. Able to use gages and measuring tools to determine the quality of a part.
6. Able to understand work orders, machine controls and settings, fixtures and tool requirements and make adjustments as needed.
7. Able to hold and maneuver weld torch and operate foot and hand controls.
8. Able to operate scissors lift which will require a 27 inch step up and 15 foot working heights
9. Able to lift 30 pounds and apply 30 pounds of torque to ratchets
10. Able to operate hoist, pallet jacks, or forklift. Operation of forklift requires passing a certification test and the ability to step up 14 inches onto the forklift.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top