Web Application Developer
The software development team at Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) - Systems Integration Group (SIG) develops, implements, and integrates state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
As a member of the software development team, the Web Application Developer will work with members of our software team, product managers, and customers to design and develop existing and new user interfaces for the exploitation of multi-source intelligence data. The ideal candidate will interface with management as well as end users; enjoys learning in a challenging environment; can work on multiple teams and projects; and can apply their technical skill in solving real-world problems.
Assignments for this position include:
- Development and enhancement of the next-generation WebView product. Reference: http://www.geospatialexploitationproducts.com/content/gxp-inmotion-desktop/
- Development and enhancement of the GXP Platform API.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Developers that know how to profile, optimize, and test their own code will fit best within our skilled and dynamic team. Other job requirements include:
- Experience developing multi-client, multi-browser web-based graphical user interfaces
- Experience with full-stack web application development processes, including: version control, documentation, code review, testing, building, packaging, and distribution
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD clearance
While not critical to the open position, experience with following skills are useful in our organization and will be helpful as you expand your roles and responsibilities within BAE Systems:
- Multi-source processing, exploitation, and dissemination workflows
- Experience developing web-based video distribution technologies
- Experience with WFS and WFS-T interfaces
- Programming experience with modern web development toolchains (bower, npm, gulp, webpack, LESS/SASS)
- Server-side framework development (Java, Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, OSGI)
- Testing frameworks (Jasmine, QUnit, Karma or similar)
- REST interface design and data stores (SQL/NoSQL)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top