Weather Integration Lead Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a dynamic engineer to support the Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA as the Weather integration Lead. This individual will be a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD), NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems. This individual will provide SE&I acquisition and systems engineering support to the Weather Enterprise program and program Readiness Reviews in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Major duties of the position include:
- Managing technical and programmatic interdependencies, identifying disconnects within these programs and between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc.), developing action plans to address disconnects, preparing and presenting plans to Government leadership for resolution, and assisting the Government in executing selected solutions.
- Ensuring effective integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision-making.
- Leading space and ground technical baseline change investigations to ensure each program meets system and architecture requirements.
- Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent with planned ground transition and launch program activities.
- Performing engineering assessment and recommendations of all system changes and produces documentation for program office leadership approval.
- Developing products for risk boards, including setting meeting agendas, coordinating with meeting presenters, compiling risk briefings, and producing meeting minutes.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- 15+ years of strong demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program.
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems (especially at SMC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Prior experience with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), DoD and Commercial Weather satellite programs to include: Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) and Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES-R).
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses and program management support to a government customer.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top