Weapons Systems Engineer (Solutions Architect)
BAE System's is seeking a Sr. Weapons Systems Engineer with hypersonic Aerospace Engineering background to BAE Systems Long Range Hypersonic Weapons System program. Your Weapons Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) coupled with your Aerospace engineering expertise shall be applied in leading systems architecture/engineering development, integration, testing for a prototype Long Range Hypersonic Weapon System on mobile ground platforms and enabling rapid fielding of an operational capability to Army units. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Advise and assist the BAE Systems Program Manager as the technical lead and Systems Level Engineer and weapons systems architect.
- Evaluate and assess high TRL system component hardware and software for selection as system architecture components in a Mobile Ground Launch Platform and Command/Control target-weapon pairing Mobile Ground Platform to support our Army Long Range Hypersonic Weapon System technical solution.
- Evaluate and monitor weapon system configuration management and change control process for applicable to our prototype weapon system.
- Monitor and report on progress of weapon system and subsystem development, integration, test, transition to production, fielding, and support activities. Monitor Government-conducted, system-level testing and verification for the Army customer.
- Interface with high-level Systems Engineering leads and other stakeholders (Navy, Air Force, and Missile Defense Agency representatives) in determining the best course of action for the Army's long-range weapon system and subsystem selection, development, integration, and test.
- Prepare and present program progress and milestone briefings to the Program Manager and senior BAE Systems leadership, external stakeholders, and industry partners, as required.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 15+ years' of related experience.
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other Engineering/Technical discipline applicable to hypersonic weapon system development.
- Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Experience with developing, integrating, testing, fielding, and supporting Hypersonic Ground Mobile Weapon Systems or closely adjacent type weapons such as Intermediate Range - Conventional Prompt Strike Weapons System or others.
- Current TS (SCI eligibility required); an active TS/SCI clearance is "desired".
- Master's Degree
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top