Warrior Integration Program
What is the Warrior Integration Program?
The Warrior Integration Program (WIP) is a three-year rotational program designed to integrate Post 9/11 combat-wounded, -injured, or -ill service members into BAE Systems, setting the stage for progression in a new career. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities, as well as; exposure/networking, sponsorship, transition assistance, and connection to Veteran resources.
Rotations are typically focused within the Operations functions of the company, as well as roles in other functions, such as Safety, Quality, Facilities, and Engineering. Common rotations include, but are not limited to:
• Electronic Assembler
• Electronic Technician
• Test Technician
• Engineering Support
What would I gain from becoming a WIP participant?
1. Experience: Assignments are in diverse areas within Operations including manufacturing, supply chain, and business area operations.. During each rotation, participants will hold the job title of the position they are in.
2. Diversity: The WIP's affiliation with other BAE Systems development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site rotational assignments.
3. Flexibility: The WIP provides good flexibility and choice for program participants. This flexibility includes WIP participant input on choice of possible rotational opportunities that best suit individual interests and the ability to maintain medical treatment and care for combat-related injuries and illnesses;.
4. Education: Participants are encouraged to pursue their next higher level of education on a part-time basis.
5. Training: Members of the WIP will be provided any and all training needed to ensure success. The minimum training requirement includes what is essential to perform the necessary job functions and which will ease the transition into civilian life.
6. Sponsorship/Mentorship: Each participant will be connected to a Sponsor who will: assist in rotational and post-program positions, assign & work in conjunction with a mentor, or act also as a mentor. Mentors act as skill & situational coaches to the participants and also provide the opportunity to have a confidential sounding board during your transition.
Required Skills and Education
• Demonstrated honorable military experience/leadership, strong communication skills, ability to build and work in diverse teams, can develop/carry out/manage plans and projects, ability to lead people while managing projects & resources, trainability, willingness to relocate to locations with available opportunities.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
• Combat Arms MOS's with OIF and/or OEF deployment experience
• Specialized Military Schools and Training
• Capacity and motivation for hard work
• Mobility encouraged but not required
Willingness to have an open mind while transitioning into the civilian workforce
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top