WAF Coordinator III
Maintains and coordinates the Work Authorization Form process. Ensures that all trades and subcontractors abide by the rules and regulations established by the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and verifies that all Work Authorization Forms are generated in the proper manner and filled out correctly. Serves as a liaison between ship
s force and repair activities to assist in resolving tag-out conflicts. Verifies and ensures that trades and subcontractors are working within the boundaries established by the Work Authorization Form. Schedules and conducts WAF training with ships force personnel, trades, and subcontractors. Maintains detailed records of opened WAFs and tracks production work to completion and leads the verification of system isolation.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. Assess and track project work across disparate departments and craft disciplines
2. Understand task dependencies and logic (internal as well as external)
3. Evaluate and approve all WAF revisions
4. Conduct WAF audits to ensure proper WAF administration
5. Monitor project progress and communicate deviations from the plan
6. Analyze data and provide meaningful solutions to complex situations
7. Train BAE personnel, teaming partners and Sub-Contractors in the overall WAF process
8. Demonstrate proficiency with computers and MS Word, Excel, Project
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Education
Minimum 3 years of experience in ship repair, project planning, or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top