VP, Talent Acquisition Operations
BAE Systems is looking for a Vice President of Talent Acquisition to define and lead our talent acquisition strategy; drive our efforts to attract top talent; improve our candidate experience; and elevate our employer brand. This individual will also ensure that data and analytics are effectively leveraged in all aspects of the TA organization. Based in Arlington, Virginia, this individual will manage the corporate teams responsible for centralized TA operations (systems, processes, and policies), employer branding, hiring events, TA analytics, and vendor management. This role will also provide direction to our Sector-based recruiting teams in a dotted line reporting relationship.
This is a highly visible role, critical to the execution of our long-term business strategy. This individual will be a member of the senior HR leadership team where he/she will provide subject matter expertise on recruiting best practices as well as regular updates on recruiting performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set and implement company-wide talent acquisition strategy, programs and initiatives for identifying, engaging, and hiring the best talent.
- Drive continuous improvement of the recruiting function, ensuring high-quality service delivery standards as well as increasing talent diversity and recruiter effectiveness.
- Manage and improve our technology, processes, and policies to create a better candidate, recruiter and hiring manager experience.
- Continue to strengthen our employer brand by embedding our employee value proposition into both internal and external communications.
- Deliver project management support for corporate-level recruiting and candidate outreach efforts.
- Embed the use competitive intelligence, analytics and metrics to build a strategic approach to recruiting, sourcing, marketing, etc. and make data-informed decisions.
- Ensure compliance obligations in hiring and selection standards are met (e.g. OFCCP and EEO).
- Develop key partnerships with Sector HRVPs, TA Directors, Communications professionals and other stakeholders to ensure operational goals are achieved. Lead the TA Council.
- Manage relationships with our external partners (e.g., systems, marketing, job board, internet and other vendors). Conduct quarterly audits.
- Manage and develop your team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and empowerment.
- Manage the centralized TA budget.
BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Education
- 15+ years of professional experience, with a minimum of 10 years in talent acquisition. For internal candidates, the minimum of 10 years of experience in talent acquisition can be met through a combination of TA and other BAE Systems HR experience.
- BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best-in-class recruiting practices, brand strategies, systems and tools.
- Experience in developing and executing a strategy, while creating a vision and effectively driving change in the organization.
- Data driven approach to assessing and managing the function.
- Strategic thinker with hands-on style to deliver practical and effective solutions.
- Strong collaborator, advocate and partner who can influence up and down the organization.
- Experienced vendor manager.
- Excellent communicator.
- For export requirements, successful candidate must be a "U.S. Person" which is defined as a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident (also known as a green card holder), a political refugee, or a person granted asylum in the U.S
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top