Voice Data Communications Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Voice/Data Communications Lead Engineer to support the NCR-IADS IT Support team. The selected applicant will join the Technical Infrastructure team as we seek to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, driving productivity and innovation. This team supports JADOC facilities such as, but not limited to, the following: telecommunications, electrical, audio/visual, HVAC, and UPS/generator maintenance and sustainment. This position will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plans, designs, develops technical infrastructure upgrades
-provide, as required, 24/7 operations and contingency support for natural disasters/large scale outages that affect key NCR IADS infrastructure pieces to include power and HVAC. These systems are ONLY internal to the facilities and will be maintained appropriately, and protected against outage to ensure mission operability
-responsible for the primary administration and maintenance of the Advantor Security System that uses customized software to control entry and access throughout the JADOC facility. The contractor shall support additional electronic surveillance equipment that includes a Geutebrück G-Scope recorder and Bosch cameras
- Work with internal and external organizations to support various customer user level requirements, including resolving elevated end user support requests, and researching and deploying advanced technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Applicant must be Eligible for a Secret clearance, but prefer an active Secret Fully Adjudicated clearance.
Bachelors Degree in related field with 5 years experience
High School diploma and 7 years of experience.
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of equipment.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Advantor Security, Geutebrück G-Scope recorder and Bosch cameras
-Technical infrastructure support
- Standards compliance and information assurance
- Prior experience working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top