Virtualization Application Engineer
The Virtualization Application Engineer will work with other members of the Virtualization teams, OS administrators, and developers to assist in the virtualization of applications, providing technical leadership. You will be expected to exercise independent judgment, as well as a high level of analytic skill to solve complex technical problems for the client.
- Virtual Application development and support of existing COTS and legacy applications.
- Development of recommendations, procedures, and supporting presentations for implementation of new hardware/software products.
- Provision of activity reports relevant to project plans, risk assessments, and as tasked, action plans for resolution of any/all faults detected using incident and change management procedures
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of the virtualized infrastructure, servers, operations management and VDI on an as-needed basis.
- Horizon View Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) operational support and maintenance.
- Monitor existing infrastructure, virtual and non-virtual, with approved tools.
- Provide and document solutions to problems and application guidelines and issues
- Develops and implements risk and opportunity management plans, identifies risks, assesses risks, develops mitigation plans, and tracks risks.
- Identifies program objectives and technical development strategy; prepares System Engineering Management Plan, Work Breakdown Structures, master schedules, and key performance parameters.
- Collects, analyzes, tracks, and reports program metrics.
- Acts as a mentor to junior team members.
- Manages customer and stakeholder needs, generates and develops requirements, and performs functional analysis.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience virtualizing desktop applications for use in a VDI environment (Specifically using VMware ThinApp – but will consider experience in AppV or XenApp)
- Experience modifying COTS software installers to aid in application virtualization, including practical understanding and use of MSI files/Windows Installer
- Experience in customizing application suites to enable streaming from centralized location to VDI environments, and virtualization experience in enterprise environments
- An understanding and ability to add meaningful input to technical design and architecture discussions
- Experience with software packaging, such as Microsoft SCCM enterprise deployment processes
- Experience executing to project plans and monitoring/notifying of critical failures or potential missed milestones
- Experience troubleshooting Virtualized Application packages to isolate performance issues
- Experience with the Federal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
Preferred Skills and Education
- VCP5 or VCP6
- VCAP – DTA
- Microsoft MCSE
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top