Vice President, Business Development & Strategy
The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Vice President, Business Development (VP/BD) for its Integrated Electronics & Warfare Systems (IE&WS) business area. Reporting directly to the Vice President Business Development for I&S, and dotted-lined to the VP/GM of IE&WS, this position provides overall leadership to the IE&WS BD function. With overall responsibility for a staff of business development professionals, the selected individual will be held accountable for the management, oversight, identification, qualification and capture of all IE&WS business development opportunities and will be responsible for the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business area’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration consistent with Sector financial objectives and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The position is located in Southern Maryland or McLean, Virginia but requires weekly travel to IE&WS and/or Customer locations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Function as a member of the I&S Business Development leadership team and pivotal member of the functional organization to improve business execution/management and define growth strategies/opportunities across the sector.
- Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Area and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Oversee the major capture activities for IE&WS, and train capture managers in the organization.
- Senior level engagement with end customers, primes and partners to support the development of winning campaign strategies that improve the quality and depth of our market and competitor intelligence to influence/enhance our win strategies.
- Refine and implement an IE&WS business development and marketing execution strategy, methodology and CONOPS.
- Support I&S Business Development and pipeline requirements through training, development, data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities.
- Build a high performance business development team by hiring, developing, and retaining strong talent.
- Identify/qualify new growth markets to include adjacent markets and customers.
- Create and execute the multi-year business development strategy.
- Participate in IRAD and B&P planning for the division as well as overhead budgets
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in all aspects of Business Development including Account Management, Capture and Proposal Development.
- Experience and relational capacity with DoD customers
- Significant experience with, or knowledge of, one or more of the following disciplines:
o Systems engineering and integration (SE&I) services for complex systems
o Tailored electronics and C4ISR solutions for a wide range of customers and platforms
o Range and test instrumentation sustainment operations and management
o Sustaining engineering and obsolescence management
- Ability to identify key growth areas and developing new business aligned with the company’s growth strategy
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth.
- Experience in budget management and expertise in annual planning cycles.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent (Preferred)
- Critical Career History: Successful candidate will possess a strong general business management portfolio of skills with a minimum of 15 years of leadership experience inclusive of significant business development experience. Specifically, qualified candidates will have defense industry experience (either as a prime or subcontractor) leading pursuits to successful completion
Preferred Skills and Education
Travel between the geographically-dispersed IE&WS business and customer locations required
- 25% per month
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top