Vehicle Applications Systems Engineer- Hybrid Technology
This role is responsible for performing Vehicle Systems Engineering activities to ensure proper functioning of major subsystems of hybrid mass transit vehicles. Coordinate and communicate activities with Hardware and Software Development Teams to facilitate installation and address vehicle systems issues. Coordinate with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to address project development needs. Develop and manage system-level requirements and system architectures. Develop and verify CLAWs (Control Law computations). Perform hardware, software, firmware and CAN J1939 system-level integration, verification and validation in a lab environment and on vehicle. Engage in diagnostics procedures for prototype and in-service Hybrid propulsion system and vehicle-level subsystems. Develop customer requirements and vehicle system architectures. Will occasionally work in uncomfortable environments such as audibly loud engine environment, cold and hot ambient temperatures and confined spaces, and work in safety Fall protection harness on vehicles approximately 12' above the ground.
An individual at this level should begin demonstrating the leadership ability to lead small working groups or program teams.
Based in Endicott, NY but travel to customer sites possible 25-40% of the time.
Our growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York's top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A flexible 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering and 4 years of work experience
• Experience in vehicle or electronic control related development including familiarity with SAE J1939 interfaces and CAN communication.
• Experience in full lifecycle system development including requirements, design, integration, verification and validation.
• Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
• Experience in integration and verification testing of both electrical/mechanical equipment and software.
• Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership to engineering teams
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience with development of customer requirements and vehicle system architectures.
• Working knowledge of high-order programming languages (C++) and Matlab Simulink.
• Working knowledge of Control Law development and verification.
• Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Synergy).
• Familiarity with Agile Software or Hardware Development Teams.
• Experience with vehicle in service diagnostics procedures.
• Demonstrated leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top