Value Stream Specialist - Bill of Material
Generates and maintains Bill of Materials for various programs in support of production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process re-engineering. Also involved with product quotes, release to production activities, and make/buy decisions. Will interact heavily with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization (bill of material, capable of reading drawings, etc.)
- Ability to work with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and Powerpoint)
- Be able to effectively communicate in both written and spoken English and work effectively with others.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Technical knowledge of relevant military standards.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Baan or Oracle.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification
- 5S Experience
- Engineering or Technology Degree
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top