User Experience Designer
Are you looking for your next exciting position! Are you an innovator?
BAE Systems create science, technology and engineering breakthroughs to solve some of our customers' toughest challenges. We are seeking to hire a creative UX Designer who holds an active Top Secret clearance that is passionate about complex, creative, and interactive experiences. You will be collaborating and designing new as well as existing features to improve and enhance the user interface of big data software used to support the mission-critical systems of one of our largest Intelligence customers.
In this role, you must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, imaginative UX Designer who can solve challenging big data design problems and meet future requirements with designs that emphasize elegance and usability.
- Working with the development team to build mock-ups of intuitive interfaces
- Working across case management development teams to provide a consistent look and feel
- Review user experience feedback and adjusts accordingly
- Works with users to understand use cases
- Update and maintain style guides
- Works with the development teams to ensure 508 compliant designs
- Works with the development teams on responsive designs based on current best practices
- Washington, DC
- Chantilly, VA
Crystal City, VA
- Vienna, VA
- Linthicum MD
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 7 years of experience analyzing large-scale enterprise systems for usability
- 5 years of experience developing wireframes and mockups
- Experience with responsive design
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top