UI/Full Stack developer
- Chantilly, VA
This is a project for a strong developer that enjoys supporting operations, maintenance, enhancement, and refactoring a growing mission centric application supporting international customers that work together collaboratively. Work may include travel to work with international team members on their site for up to two weeks every quarter at rotating locations.
Work on development team to deliver customized applications using .NET C#, Python, SQL, and Lucene technologies.
• Design and develop application prototypes, utilities, and solutions across multiple environments using full life-cycle methodologies (requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation).
• Participate in internal design reviews and code reviews; perform unit testing and conduct system testing.
• Assist with and provide input to implementation plans and operational plans
• Create project work estimates; Report progress to program manager in a timely and effective manner
• Set priorities and resolve project issues, escalating when appropriate
• Performs analysis of data sources and processes to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy. Identify and facilitate implementation of data reporting improvement opportunities.
• Documents business requirements in the form of specifications (operational and technical specifications) and obtains necessary input and approval.
• Develops methods of efficiently delivering data, including web based and standard report based dissemination
• Develops and maintains report schedules, automate reports as necessary.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Strong verbal and written communicator is critical skill for success
• Creative, collaborative, team-oriented
•10+ years of experience in interactive web application development.
• Must be able to write SQL queries to pull data from the Cygnus MySQL database.
• 1+ years of working knowledge of Linux, Docker, Git, SourceTree, Gitflow and JetBrains developer tools.
• 1+ years of experience in querying and retrieving data from a Lucene based index. ElasticSearch is preferred.
• Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to develop business requirements and specifications
• Ability to work on problems of limited scope and conduct analysis of data processes
• Ability to work independently to complete project activities; possessing initiative to address issues and opportunities
• Ability to implement solutions and identify operational or management issues
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• 1+ years of experience in querying and retrieving data using ElasticSearch is preferred.
Full stack developer comfortable working with web services, microservices interfacing to a My/SQL database.
Experience and ability to do software remote development
Experience with AWS development a plus.
Experience developing queries using Python
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top