UDL Systems Engineer
- San Diego, CA
BAE Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of an extensible software framework capable of integrating data from a variety of organizations.
Assigned tasks may include the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) and user stories, backlog prioritization and management, technical documentation, sprint planning, customer engagement and close interaction with software and system test engineers on the team to achieve program objectives.
The SE will coordinate with the Unified Data Library (UDL) Technical Team to accomplish program tasks, provide technical solutions, and support system integration on the UDL program. Coordinates TEMs and meeting with associate program applications developers and coordinates system integration. Supports customer meeting and briefings as necessary.
Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations and customer meetings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 4+ year(s) related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
Open Architecture experience, requirements analysis, MBSE, Agile process
Proficient in requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
• Experience analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile objectives and iterative development schedules
• Ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
• Ability to work with customers in a dynamic environment
• Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
• Experience leading small teams in engineering activities
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Experience with system integration and test on a UNIX or Linux platform
• Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top