Training Spec Sr
The selected candidate will undergo certification process to become a DDG class ship platform Radio Communications System (RCS) Instructor. In addition to instructing, this position will entail curriculum design and development, developing course materials, and working as a RCS technician, providing logistics, test, and technical support as required.
The selected candidate's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform written formal test procedures with a customer witness.
- Troubleshoot equipment/system failures and repair associated equipment for the Radio Communications System (RCS).
- Work with engineering department to develop test procedures for new and existing systems for Systems Verification Testing.
- Provide inputs and solutions to the engineering department for design deficiencies / enhancements and aide in integration of new systems into the baseline.
- Occasionally work off-site for duties on various ship platforms. Typical travel requirements are for conducting System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT), Shipbuilders Trials, Final Contract Trials (FCT), Total Ship Readiness Assessment (TSRA), and CASREP (Casualty Report) technical assistance to resolve issues unattainable by ship's force.
- Coordinate with customers, ISEA, and various engineering entities to ensure proper integration, operation, maintenance and testing of naval radio communications systems on new and established baselines.
- Training and lifeline support for ship's crew, shipyard personnel and offsite BAE Systems employees on operation and maintenance of all associated equipment and systems.
- Researches and analyzes various publications and documents in order to obtain necessary information for preparation of training session curriculum and lesson guides.
- Develops training session plans, lesson guides and training aids. Writes training manuals. Prepares instructional guides, examinations, troubleshooting techniques and other training session support materials.
- Develops training goals, objectives and requirements. Develops participant qualification requirements. Identifies and develops solutions to training problem areas.
- Conducts and presents training session curriculum. Instructs participants in the specific subject area utilizing training techniques such as lectures, role playing exercises, individual coaching, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Maintains records of training activities and employee progress and evaluates effectiveness of programs.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top