Traffic Support Specialist IV
Plans, schedules, and routes inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight, using knowledge of postal regulations, tariffs, and company policy. Schedules with carriers, reconciles freight bills, prepares and negotiates claims, and selects or recommends carriers to ensure efficient, timely, and least expensive movement of goods and material. Conducts research on transportation methods, rates, and routes.
Responsible for overall logistics operations analysis, evaluation of traffic information and any other requested duties.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with associates to improve efficiency, productivity and processes.
- Maintain databases and/or spreadsheets
- Responsible for maintaining, tracking and analyzing all inbound shipments, including working with carriers and the 3PL provider.
- Draft and implement standard operating procedures to sustain a proactive compliance environment .
- Responsible for maintaining cost analysis reports
- Special projects and administrative support
Required Skills and Education Required Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years of Domestic and International transportation experience.
- Organized and Detailed Oriented Strong Communication Skills Ability to work under pressure against deadlines Strong analytical skills and business acumen Ability to work independently with minimal supervision Team Player Ability to Multi-Task
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Qualifications:
- Freight Audit experience
- Minimum 3 years direct import compliance experience with an understanding of US Customs Regulations, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and issues of import admissibility
- Customs broker or freight forwarder experience
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with the ability to collaborate in a cross functional, multi-tiered environment
- Self-motivated and able to simultaneously manage multiple, time-sensitive tasks with minimal supervision
- 3-5 years of related experience in supply chain, transportation or logistics fields required
- Minimum high school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Detailed background in TMS software; preferred Oracle experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top