Tier 3 Cloud/VDI System Administrator
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Tier 3 Cloud System Administrator is a subject-matter expert who will support all operation aspects of the virtual / cloud administration in the enterprise to include event management, system upgrades, incident management, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the enterprise virtual environment. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the production environment. The Senior Cloud System Administrator will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, Test/Lab Engineers, and Engineering in all things respective of the system production environment. This position will report to the O&S Support Manager.
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the Production Cloud System (virtualized desktop infrastructure) environment including establishing and maintaining configuration, and recovery documentation for designated systems
- Serve as the final escalation point for all Cloud System issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Provide expertise in the update, maintenance, and management of virtual hosts in support of Cloud System (virtualized desktop infrastructure) solutions including managing Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services; maintaining and supporting Citrix Services, Windows Failover Clustering, and SQL AlwaysOn administration; managing and securing Microsoft Windows Server including Microsoft Group Policy in a virtual / cloud environment and using PowerShell scripting to manage Windows Servers and Citrix applications
- Experiencing implementing and supporting load balancing for XenApp/XenDesktop services
- Mentors and serves as an escalation point for Jr. System Engineers & System Administrators
- Advises management on situations that may require additional support or escalation including managing the process for internal/external communications for critical incidents and emergency activities
- Manages vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools, and support user experience
- Identifies issues and creates improvement processes to help with the reduction of incident outage times
- Establishes and recommends configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems
- Provides leadership, expertise, and strategic guidance on critical operations that span multiple systems and groups
- Optimizes performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions through continual service improvement
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Provides On‐the‐Job training to staff, as needed
- Creates, documents, and implements department process, and procedures associated with administration of the duties assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top