Test Tech IV
- Dallas, TX
•See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. We stand by our mission statement of "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build a career with BAE Systems.
•In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers' needs. The BAE Systems Operations Production Test Department offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
• Performs tests, alignments and data collection activities on RF-based electronic subassemblies.
•Performs component-level troubleshooting and rework on RF-based subassemblies.
•Performs installation and setup of test equipment.
•Monitors equipment status and replaces out of calibration or malfunctioning equipment as required.
•Work hours are from 6:00 am to 4:30pm Monday thru Thursday.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot RF circuits to component level.
- Ability to read electronic assembly blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to set up and operate test equipment per procedures.
- Perform SMT repairs to IPC standards.
- Operation of various pieces of test equipment, including Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, DMMs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Associates degree, military training, or an appropriate technical curriculum.
- Related experience in an RF electronic testing and troubleshooting environment.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of block diagrams for the following: receivers, LO synthesizers, and RF distribution units.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of detailed circuit schematics for the following: Radio frequency modules, receivers, filters, high IP amplifiers and mixers, A/D and D/A converters, LO synthesizers, and oscillators.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of RF test equipment and measurement techniques
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top