Test Tech 2
Performs operational ESS tests and determines product acceptability and quality on a wide variety of complex electronic developmental and production components, subassemblies and systems by following test specifications, standard test procedures or general written or verbal instructions.
Required Skills and Education
1. Performs operational ESS testing on a wide variety of moderately complex production components, subassemblies and systems using data sheets, schematics, wiring diagrams, established test specifications and standard test procedures, which clearly outline procedures to be followed.
2. Sets up and operates in accordance with prescribed procedures a variety of test stands consisting of multiples of standard test equipment such as pulse generators, amplifiers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, counters, etc.
3. Works with engineering instructions and standard test procedures to operationally test developmental products as required.
4. Aligns and adjusts subassemblies and/or systems in accordance with test procedures and data sheets to comply with established specifications and acceptable performance.
5. Interprets test data and checks results against specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine proper functioning and quality of product.
6. Deviates from standard test procedures as required to troubleshoot, locate and diagnose malfunctions within the unit requiring application of technical knowledge, skill and ingenuity. Realigns and readjusts unit as required.
7. Designates rework instructions where necessary and retest work after rework.
8. Stamps and otherwise approves test results. Records test data and submit test failure/acceptance reports and notifies supervisor of unusual conditions or undesirable trends.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Preferred Skills and Education
Requires an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent test technician experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top