Test Software Lead Engineer
BAE Systems Space Systems is looking for an experienced test developer/engineer to join our established and rapidly expanding business area. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space electronics, sensors and subsystems. Our products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. Additionally, we are leading the way with the development of advanced processing solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats. With these new solutions, we will provide the higher processing capability necessary for these critical communication, navigation, surveillance and tracking, planetary exploration, weather and classified missions. Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative space solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
The Space Systems team in Manassas is looking for a Test Engineer to support technical development work in areas ranging from software development, design, and verification. The Test Engineer should have a strong background in Electrical Engineering and possess a demonstrated ability in designing, developing, and deploying complex test applications. Duties will include design and development of test software/middleware, automated test procedures, test cables, test stands, and fixtures. The engineer will work with cross-functional teams following established BAE Systems design and test processes.
The ideal candidate is highly technical and has a proven commitment to quality with a solid understanding of test concepts, software architecture and familiar with the latest software development methodologies and technologies. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work with other team members on multiple projects. The candidate must have strong trouble shooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues.
This position may require some business travel in support of training, customer meetings and system integration and test support activities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Strong C/C++ programming experience
• Experience with VxWorks, Embedded Linux
• Experience with Visual Studio or equivalent
• Understanding of test architectures and software abstractions
• Strong communications skills and ability to work independently
• Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Education
• Programming language familiarity preferred: C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Windows, LINUX shells, MATLAB
• Familiarity with embedded engineering applications
• Familiarity with design and performance testing of RF, Digital, Optical, and/or Analog circuits/assemblies
• Familiarity with digital logic design and implementation
• Capable of providing Hardware Support utilizing: Spectrum Analyzers, Network/Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF Power Meters, RF Attenuators/Switches/Couplers, Function/Waveform Generators, Data Acquisition and Control Systems, DMMs, High Voltage P/Ss, Analog I/O, Digital I/O, Word/Excel Automation
• Related Support: Software Driver Development, Hardware Driver Development, Test Method Development, Test Plan/Procedure/Requirements Development, Schematic Interpretation, FPGA Programming
• Cost account management experience
• TS/SCI clearance preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top