Test Software Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a talented, motivated Test Engineering candidate who wants to join a diverse team at a dynamic company that values your technical excellence. At our Space Systems facility in Manassas, VA we develop and produce a wide array of space products, from single-board radiation hardened computers to complete space payloads, for commercial, military, and space communities. The company specializes in radiation-hardened electronics and space applications, including application-specific integrated circuits, memories, and single-board computers. Our single-board computer products are flying on over 250 different spacecraft, including three generations of Mars rovers and Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) communication satellites.
The Test Engineering organization is responsible for the analysis, specification, planning, development, design, integration, testing, and production of test solutions for our prime mission equipment. We support the definition of test architectures and designs that achieve "best value" goals for meeting performance and life cycle requirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints, while maintaining consistency with established company practices and methods. The organization supports concurrent engineering with specialty disciplines to define test requirements, designs, and products.
We offer a supportive environment that allows you to continue to learn via training and mentoring, and advance your technical skills through performing assigned responsibilities which may include:
- Developing automated test software in a variety of languages
- Supporting technical work in areas ranging from the design, verification, test of space products and systems.
- Working alongside senior engineers from multiple disciplines to design/check out specialized test equipment
- Participating in integration activities of production test systems
- Engaging in troubleshooting test-related issues on the manufacturing floor
- Generating, reviewing and updating the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other documents associated with the engineering process
In addition to numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE Systems offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
• Software skills: C, C++, C#, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), LINUX shells, device driver development
• Ability to perform independent lab work with digital logic devices or components and circuit assemblies
• Ability to apply engineering principals to the development of special test equipment
• Ability to work with cross functional teams following established BAE Systems design processes
• Strong communications skills and ability to work independently
Preferred Skills and Education
• Scripting and programming language familiarity: TCL, Perl, Python, Visual Studio, LabWindows/CVI
• Familiarity with embedded engineering applications
• Understanding of test architectures and software abstractions
• Familiarity utilizing lab test equipment such as scopes and signal generators
• Knowledge of coding, simulation, or verification of digital logic for ASIC/FPGA developments
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top