Test Software Engineer and Developer
The BAE Systems Space Systems business is a premier provider of advanced high-reliability radiation-hardened electronics. Our radiation-hardened products have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for more than 25 years. These missions include GPS, weather monitoring, satellite TV and radio, and exploring the universe (most notably the computers on all Mars rovers). From semiconductor components to ASICS to Circuit Card Assemblies and Sub-Systems, our products are ubiquitous throughout Earth's orbit and beyond. Space Systems creates capability that supports their overall mission: "We protect those who protect us."
BAE Systems' Space Systems team in Merrimack, NH is looking for an Integrated Test Engineer to support technical development work in areas ranging from software development, design, and verification. The Test Engineer should have a strong background in Electrical Engineering and possess a demonstrated ability in designing, developing, and deploying complex test applications. Duties will include design and development of test software/middleware, automated test procedures, test cables, test stands, and fixtures. The engineer will work with cross functional teams following established BAE Systems design and test processes.
The ideal candidate is highly technical and has a proven commitment to quality with a solid understanding of test concepts, software architecture and familiar with the latest software development methodologies and technologies. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work with other team members on multiple projects. The candidate must have strong trouble shooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues.
This position may require business travel in support of training, customer meetings and system integration and test support activities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Active TSSCI Clearance
• Strong C/C++ programming experience
• Familiarity with Power Architecture and/or ARM Architecture
• Experience with embedded engineering applications/embedded test development
• Experience with Visual Studio or equivalent
• Understanding of test architectures
• Strong communications skills and ability to work independently
Preferred Skills and Education
• Programming language familiarity: C#, Visual Basic, Assembly Language (PowerPC), LINUX shells, MATLAB, LabWindows/CVI
• Software and Systems capabilities: SW/HW Driver Development, Test Plan/Procedure/Requirements Development, FPGA Programming
• Hardware Support utilizing: Spectrum Analyzers, Network/Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF Power Meters
• Familiarity with development for Wind River VxWorks OS (6.9 or later)
• Familiarity with design and performance testing of RF, Digital, Optical, or Analog circuits/assemblies
• Familiarity with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe
• Experience in the Space industry
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top