Test Equipment Engineer
- Fort Wayne, IN
BAE is seeking a Test Equipment Engineer for our Fort Wayne location.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
In this role, the qualified candidate will provide test equipment design engineering support to the Air Transport Product Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; test fixture design and development, test software development and release, test equipment repair and maintenance support, and integration and release of test equipment to production utilizing established configuration control procedures.
Candidates will be expected to provide the engineering interface to the offsite (Endicott, NY) development team and the local New Product Development teams from the initial test equipment development, through the integration and release of the test equipment to Operations. Additional engineering support of test equipment - both domestic and international - for production and aftermarket is also expected. Proven technical skills across a broad spectrum of test equipment and software languages (Basic, UNIX, FORTH, LabView, TestStand, C++, etc.) is desired.
Candidate shall have proven project leadership skills (preferable test equipment related projects) and be capable of analyzing problems, developing and proposing solutions, and executing to project plan commitments. Experience with six-sigma and 6s methods is preferred.
Some travel can be expected.
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent and minimum 2 years of experience.
- Electronics troubleshooting (analog, digital, communications).
- General understanding of test equipment design and development.
- Ability to interpret and implement requirement specifications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with test software languages/platforms (e.g. Basic, UNIX, FORTH, LabView, TestStand, C++, etc.)
- Experience with automating test equipment instrumentation (supplies, meters, simulations) for manufacturing test, fault diagnosis, and isolation.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate a product and test system that meets correctness, reliability, efficiency, usability, and maintainability criteria.
- Ability to propose and quote product test equipment project plans.
- Statistical process control techniques knowledge.
- Experience working in a high paced manufacturing environment.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top