Test Equipment Construction & Maintenance
Construct, calibrate, install, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of equipment including complex test systems with a wide variety of instrumentation for production, test, inspection and quality control use. Work involves design development, construction, check out, modification, and support of test equipment assemblies with complex electronic content, both analog and digital. Work includes special requirements for high frequency, high voltage, high impedance, as well as a variety of other distributed circuit parameters. Position requires the support of test equipment through the writing and or modification of stored software programs. Individuals must be able to devise circuitry and build test equipment to perform tests with specifications stated only in general form. The calibration and adjustment of instruments to be used in test systems is also required. Assist operators and testers as required to learn use of test equipment. Work from schematics, drawings, instruction manuals, and verbal or written instructions. Develop and maintain necessary records on design and performance of equipment and associated duties. Work with engineers and specialists in the testing and application of equipment. Perform related duties including material movement while maintaining a safe clean work area.
Required Skills and Education
- Construct, perform complex diagnosis, troubleshoot, repair, and install intricate electronic and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Use precision measuring and analytical test equipment processes to calibrate a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from provided instructions (i.e. blueprints, manuals, schematics, layouts, verbal instructions, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and timely records, electronic and manual
- Assure calibration and equipment compliance as required
- Provide instructions and training on use of newly constructed or diagnosed equipment
- Perform duties related to proper material movement and handling
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
Preferred Skills and Education
- Associates electronics degree or equivalent
- Ability to perform technical application requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply written work instructions
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Good manual dexterity and eye/hand/finger coordination for handling small mechanical and electrical equipment
- Information entry via a computer
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top