BAESystems is looking for an entry level Test Design Engineering candidate toapply broad technical knowledge and skills in multiple scientific/technicaldisciplines. Test Design Engineering is responsible for the analysis,specification, planning, developing, designing, integration, testing, andproduction of stand-alone test stations and/or manages and coordinates the testengineering process for these Test Platforms. The Integrated Test Engineeringorganization supports the definition of test architectures and designs thatachieve “best value” goals for meeting performance and life cyclerequirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints, whilemaintaining consistency within established Company practices and methods. Theorganization supports concurrent engineering with specialty disciplines todefine test requirements, designs, and products
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Troubleshoots minor technical issues, documents the problem, develops procedures, and communicates recommended corrective action to engineering team.
- Assists in analyzing test station equipment deficiencies and provides input to recommended design changes or repairs to engineering team.
- Assembles, installs, tests, maintains, and repairs test equipment to maintain operational status as required.
- Must be familiar with circuit theory with software competencies in LabVIEW , NI- TestStand , CVI or NI- LabWindows a
- Must be capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence).
- Test fixture design competencies.
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience in conducting design of experiments
Familiarity with a defense contractor or military platforms as a Test Design Engineer with hardware and/or software domain expertise, and a broad systems viewpoint. Experience working with National Instruments Test Program Set development tools, i.e. LabVIEW , LabWindows /CVI, TestStand, as well as C/C++ programming.
Preferred Skills and Education
BS in Engineering Discipline
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top