Test Engineering Lead
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
BAE Systems is looking for a new Test Engineering Lead to join the Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) organization. The ITE organization's mission is to reliably deliver customer-focused, affordable test solutions which are integrated across all levels of production test. Experience the entire life cycle of a program to include bid and proposal, advanced development and demonstration, test design and development, product fielding, procurement and sustainment. The selected candidate will lead the technical innovation of a test engineering team throughout the product lifecycle. You will motivate and inspire the engineering team across geographical boundaries to achieve more than they believe is possible!
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineering technical focal point for all test development activity including strategic test capability architectures, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical leadership; accountability of all test engineering technical efforts.
- Monitor and accountable for project technical execution, technical requirements, and work scope requirements.
- Accountable for the test strategy development and test requirements mapping with the prime hardware discipline.
- Subject matter technical expert for the Technical content for the Test Development activities.
- Ensure engineering technical development efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement within your technical team and the engineering process.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to lead Engineering teams
- Advanced knowledge of test engineering principles and practices to include both software and hardware
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and develop new and creative technical solutions to solve complex engineering problems
- Ability to lead test solution development: Hardware Focus (test adapters, cables, tools, and interface modules) and Software Focus (drivers, utilities, executives, and test software)
- Ability to lead test solution software and hardware integration
- Creating, updating, and approving hardware and/or software configuration in a change management tool
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
- NI Software development tools:
- LabWindows/CVI, TestStand, and/or FlexRIO
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant military standards and practices for design and qualification
- Familiar with risk and opportunity management
- Ability to make technical presentations
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top