Test Engineering Architect
- Wayne, NJ
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems. In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) is a relatively new engineering organization with approximately 200 members. The ITE mission is to reduce the cost of test development through standardization and reuse while simultaneously transforming key factories to higher volume models. ITE sibling engineering disciplines include Hardware, Software, and Systems. The ITE organization has staff at multiple sites across the U.S. including Wayne, NJ.
BAE Systems is seeking a Test Engineering Architect for our ITE Department in Wayne, NJ. Applicants must have a relevant background in Test Equipment Design, Test Sciences, and Manufacturing Processes.
The Test Engineering Architect will serve as the engineering lead for department wide efforts to develop and deploy reliable, robust, and sustainable automated production test solutions that supports the BAE Systems product line. This role will extend to support of enterprise-wide strategies, cross discipline collaborations, establishment and implementation of standards and processes, and maturation of platforms and approaches across test solution product lines.
The Test Engineering Architect will also serve as the lead engineer for full lifecycle test deliverables, encompassing test approaches, test methods, test sciences, and other key components as they apply towards hardware engineering, software engineering, and systems integration elements of the test solution. The role will focus on continuous improvement, using project lessons learned to build organizational knowledge that ensures successes of active and future project engagements.
The Engineering Lead will also draw upon a deep understanding of test engineering principles, a high level of experience in the design of test, and a broad knowledge of test and measurement technologies and methodologies to drive successful project outcomes and strengthen the ITE organization. This position will also lead key strategic investment efforts to enable and to improve the business area's ability to deliver robust, state-of-the art, cost-effective automated test solutions to its customers. Working closely with business development, customers, and diverse engineering and proposal teams, the Engineering Lead will understand emerging and evolving customer mission needs and most important requirements and develop discriminating, winning, tailored solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunities.
"Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status"
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrable strong understanding of testing principles and philosophies, with a comprehensive understanding of test solution hardware and software development principles, technologies, platforms and tools.
- Experience in architecting, developing and integrating electronic test systems featuring modern Hardware, software and instrumentation technologies.
- Demonstrable project leadership on multidiscipline teams.
- Experience in bidding, planning and executing development programs.
- Demonstrable executive-level engagement and commensurate communication skills.
- Capable of developing practical strategies in presence of real world constraints.
- Understanding Process Capability and Process Capability Measurement (CPK).
- Ability to chair and facilitate structured meetings with tangible outcomes.
- Master's Degree in an Engineering or Scientific field.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience in defense test.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in manufacturing test.
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance.
- Understanding of Model Based Engineering concepts.
- Database design considerations in support continuous engineering concepts.
- Ability to write standards around Test Program Software designs.
- Skilled in the statistical evaluation of measurement uncertainty.
- Six Sigma training
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top