Test Engineer I
BAE Systems is looking for an entry level Test Engineering candidate. Test Engineering is responsible for the analysis, specification, planning, development, design, integration, testing, and production of test solutions for our prime mission equipment. The Test Engineering organization supports the definition of test architectures and designs that achieve “best value” goals for meeting performance and life cycle requirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints, while maintaining consistency within established Company practices and methods. The organization supports concurrent engineering with specialty disciplines to define test requirements, designs, and products.
Some of the responsibilities of an entry level Test Engineer include:
- Generate, review and update the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other documents associated with the engineering process
- Work alongside senior engineers from multiple disciplines to design/check out specialized test equipment
- Develop automated test software in a variety of languages
- Participate in integration activities of production test systems
- Engage in troubleshooting test-related issues on the manufacturing floor
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education • Capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach with the ability to participate within a multi-discipline team environment
- Demonstrate time management, task tracking and organizational skills
- Ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces
- Advanced computer skills including software development
- Experience with MS-Office
Preferred Skills and Education • BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledgeable with the principles of electrical design
- Experience in developing or maintaining test procedures, software and equipment
- Familiar with RF and digital instrumentation (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal sources, etc.)
- Experience working with National Instruments Test Program Set development tools (LabWindows/CVI, TestStand) or C/C++ programming
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top