Test Engineer Assistant
The MER24 Sustainment Center requires the following position to support the ALQ-126B program:
Sets up and calibrates highly complex test equipment and test conditions. Performs a wide variety of highly complex electronic technical functions related to production test, system checkout, calibration, alignment, fabrication, modification and assembly of electronic and electromechanical systems of a diverse nature. Works with written, verbal, video or computer-based procedures and an extensive knowledge of electronic and computer theory.
1. Performs complex test and checkouts where fault isolation requires detailed knowledge and understanding of system, interfaces, test procedures, specifications and other pertinent parameters.
2. Applies non-standard test techniques where normal procedures do not fulfill testing needs.
3. Determines methods, operations, and sequences in setting up test apparatus, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying production electronic equipment in such areas as radar, communication, microwave, computer, television, and telemetry. Performs calibration of equipment as required.
4. Provides technical advice and assistance to engineers in the development or modification of electronic test equipment prototype, systems and components to company or customer requirements.
5. Repairs and adjusts electronic subassemblies and systems to assure the quality of product in accordance with performance test requirements.
6. May provide technical or work leadership to lower level test technicians.
Required Skills and Education Required education: Associates (or equivalent)
At least 4 years of directly related technical experience applying the techniques and methods of measurement and instrumentation. Requires a thorough knowledge of electronic theory, instrumentation, measurement techniques, circuit analysis and construction methods.
Requires the capability to troubleshoot and fault isolate complex RF systems. Preferred Skills and Education Microwave RF technician that can diagnose and trouble shoot RF circuits to the component level in cascaded series circuits. The Candidate must understand the following components in series circuits to include mixers, tunable filters, amplifiers and diplexers. The individual will know how to read the specifications of each component and understand the table characteristics for Insertion loss, VSWR, Gain, spurious response, isolation and amplifier compression. The individual will have experience using test equipment such as Power Meters, Network Analyzers and Spectrum Analyzers and Oscilloscopes. The successful candidate will know how to trouble shoot high frequency circuits using standard RF probing techniques. The candidate will have some knowledge of basic digital control circuitry from a basic RF component control. Test Stand Experience is necessary for looping and debugging the RF MW circuit cards on Test Stands. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top