Are you in Software but have a desire to gain hardware testing skills, or are you in Operations but want to flex your coding chops? We may just have a new opportunity for you!
ITE is seeking a Test Equipment Software Development Engineer for testing products in the STS organization. The applicant should have a strong background in C code software development for PC-based test and measurement applications. Some familiarity with electrical engineering hardware interfacing and electromechanical test systems is a big plus.
This position is an opportunity to see how our high-tech products are tested, work with engineering to develop new tests for new products, and grow your skillset.
If you have familiarity with some of the following skills, you may want to apply. If you don't have all or even most of them, you will certainly learn them in this position.
- Experience in designing, developing, maintaining and deploying large, complex LabWindows CVI applications (10,000 Lines of code or more).
- Experience with multi-threaded ANSI C (LabWindows CVI), test applications
- Experience with various communication protocols such as Ethernet TCP/IP, Telnet, RS-485, HotLink, IEEE-488, USB, etc.
- Background in Electrical Engineering with a practical knowledge of electronic hardware used in test applications such as Oscilloscopes, Multi-Meters, Network Analyzers, Lasers etc.
- Ability to accurately estimate and deliver the effort required to complete a software project on-time
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 4 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required (BSEE, BSCS)
- Familiarity with writing PC applications in one or more software languages: ANSI C (LabWindows), C++ , C#
- Communicating via Ethernet TCP/IP and serial ports
- Real time control (motion, temperature, etc.) via PID loops
- Real time data acquisition
- ESS experience: thermal chambers, vibration tables, etc.
- Database interfacing
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top