Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™."
In Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions, we design and manufacture state-of-the-art systems and technology that enable our customers to execute their precision strike missions.
The individual selected for this role will be an experienced Test Engineer with significant manufacturing proficiency expected support the Precision Strike Business Area in the brand new Huntsville, Alabama Campus.
This individual will be responsible for providing manufacturing Test expertise on a host of ongoing and future programs utilizing RF based Missile Seekers and Sensors; EO/IR technology, and high powered lasers.
As the New Test Engineer for the Huntsville Business Center, the individual will be responsible for collaborating with all functions of the business including Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain. The lead will develop and execute strategies to ensure the product line is supported by world-class design for manufacturing and congruent product test techniques.
- Test Stand Upkeep/Debug/Repair (Anything required to keep test equipment operational to support factory throughput and capacity requirements)
- Support test equipment in a classified space
- Test Stand Preventative Maintenance (equipment changes, alignments, cables, ITAs, etc...)
- Test stand Corrective Maintenance - Maintain spares inventory and tracking for repairs and calibration rotations
- Support of Test Equipment calibration and tracking
- Support validation and deployment of Test Software (TSW)
- Interface with Network team to resolve network-related stoppages
- Quality Audits on test equipment and TSW
- Trusted Downloads
- Security Custodian
- Support continuous improvement activities as related to test equipment and test of product in order to reduce cost and increase throughput
- Review the technical content of released test procedures, processes, drawings, and other documentation associated with the design, build and test of product
- Yield team support - Interface with Engineering and other supporting groups to drive defect resolution to root cause and increase product and test yields
- Interface with governmental customers, auditors and vendors as required
- Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
- Support all Factory CI initiatives (7S, Lean, FOD, ESD, HPU reduction, etc...)
- Work with engineering/ITE and support any RCEs and ECOs to test equipment - Updates to Drawings, Test Procedures, TDRs, TSW and validations.
- Test Equipment moves
- Thermal Chamber surveys, Reports and analysis
- Vibration Surveys, Reports and analysis
- Lead and/or support Gage R&R of test stands and analysis of test stand variation.
- Open and Close classified factory space
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 5 + years of work experience
- Highly effective team player able to self-manage and prioritize schedule and responsibilities
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance and will be subject to a security investigation
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Visual Basic
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with guided missile and munitions hardware development, RF/microwave packaging and cable routing a plus
- Familiarity with Linux/CentOS/RHEL a plus
- Prior experience working within a DoD environment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.