Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are in search of Test Engineers. The ideal candidate analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Text & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas.
Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning
- Specify, validate, and adapt Modeling and Simulation for T&E use
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates
- Select, develop, and use analysis tools
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by Testing Tasks
- Plan and Execute Performance Data Collection
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to sync T&E events with supported decision points
- Establish and employ Data and Configuration Management capabilities
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes
- Assess operation and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to fram and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports)
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, and facilities
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re-conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and reports/Briefings, Data management Plan
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementation
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Five (5) years experience as a Test Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
TS SCI level clearance with appropriate Poly
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top