BAE Systems is looking for a candidate to be part of a rapidly growing team of engineers. You would take part in Test Equipment Engineering activities such as developing and managing test equipment requirements, design of ATE's (Automated Test Equipment) and TPS (Test Program Sets), and assist in performing systems level integration/test for verification and validation of components and subsystems.
When considering the engineering disciplines of mechanical, electrical, and software, a test engineer thrives in the region where those disciplines overlap. If you have a mix of these skills, then you are the right person for this job.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Solid background in electrical engineering (EE)
- A practical knowledge of the electronic hardware used in test applications (DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Good hands-on debugging skills.
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Experience with electrical testing applications and general knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Some programming experience, either with C#, C++, or similar languages, and preferably experience interfacing with hardware via software
- Working knowledge of test hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Have a closure-oriented and self-directed nature.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top