BAE Systems is looking for a candidate to be part of a rapidly growing team of engineers. You would take part in Test Equipment Engineering activities such as developing and managing test equipment requirements, design of ATE's (Automated Test Equipment) and TPS (Test Program Sets), and assist in performing systems level integration/test for verification and validation of components and subsystems.
When considering the engineering disciplines of mechanical, electrical, and software, a test engineer thrives in the region where those disciplines overlap. If you have a mix of these skills, then you are the right person for this job.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Solid background in electrical engineering (EE)
- A practical knowledge of the electronic hardware used in test applications (DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Good hands-on debugging skills.
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Experience with electrical testing applications and general knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Some programming experience, either with C#, C++, or similar languages, and preferably experience interfacing with hardware via software
- Working knowledge of test hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Have a closure-oriented and self-directed nature.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top