Test Development Technical Lead
Electronic Combat Solutions as technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
Electronic Combat Systems is looking for a new Test Development Technical Lead who will grow under the mentoring of the program Test Development Program Engineering Manager within the Tactical Aircraft enterprise. Experience the entire life cycle of a program include bid and proposal, advanced development and demonstration, system design and development, product fielding, procurement and sustainment. The selected candidate will lead the technical innovation of a 20-30 person engineering team throughout the product lifecycle. You will motivate and inspire the engineering team across geographical boundaries to achieve more than they believe is possible!
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Engineering technical focal point for all test development activity including strategic test capability architectures, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Provide overall project technical leadership; accountability of all engineering technical efforts across geographical locations.
- Monitor and accountable for project technical execution, technical requirements, and work scope requirements.
- Accountable for the test strategy development and test requirements mapping with the prime hardware discipline.
- Subject matter technical expert for the Technical content for the Test Development IPT activities.
- Ensure engineering technical development efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement within your technical team and the engineering process.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have bachelor degree (or equivalent experience in a relevant field) with a minimum of:
15+ Years with BS
13+ Years with MS
11+ Years with PHD
Demonstrated technical leadership of complex test development efforts in support of various engineering and manufacturing integration and test levels
Must have technical knowledge of radar warning
Must have technical experience in developing and executing tests specific to electronic warfare systems, or radio frequency systems, or radar warning, or countermeasures, or radar jamming
Must have experience with technical estimating, planning, technical performance management, and risk management.
Must possess a current DoD Secret clearance
Must be able to travel up to 10%
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience leading and working with diverse multi-disciplinary teams in the solution of complex technical test problems across geographical locations
Experience with AS-9145
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top