Test Automation Engineer
As a Test Automation Engineer in an enterprise test organization, the incumbent will be part of a thriving dynamic team of test automation developers and IT professionals. The test automation development team researches and develops innovative test automation solutions for multiple software architecture sand systems to validate functional and performance capabilities. To include but not limited to, evaluation and implementation of automation tools, development and deployment of automated test suites and test harnesses in multiple environments, and provide automated solutions to streamline business processes.
The ideal candidate is highly technical and has a proven commitment to quality with a solid understanding of test concepts, software architecture and familiar with the latest software development technologies and application performance trends. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work with other team members on multiple projects. The candidate must have strong trouble shooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 3+ years of related professional experience and at least 2 years of practical experience with automation tools
- Programming/scripting experience and/or understanding of program logic
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of multi-tiered web-based systems and data-driven applications
- Expertise in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Excellent planning and organization skills with commitment to delivering quality solutions
- Ability to work concurrently on several projects with minimal instructions
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science in a related field
- Experience with Service and Network Virtualization
- Experience with CA DevTest Solutions
Experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Test (UFT), LoadRunner (LR)
- Experience with dynaTrace, Application Performance Management
Experience with open source test tools (SoapUI, JMeter, JUnit, etc.)
- Understanding of web services, APIs, OGC services (WMS, WFS, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps
Understanding of Agile frameworks and methodologies, specifically SAFe, SCRUM and TDD
- Understanding of Cloud technology
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top